Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Springtime is for weddings!



Today, I began the process of making a pair of wool felted wedding birds.  I made the pair in the above photo for my niece.  She and her husband were married in 2008.  It's been quite a while since my first pair of birds.  I'm going to enjoy creating these again.  Eventually, they will be listed in my Etsy.com shop.  My niece's wedding was featured in the Spring/Summer 2009 issue of Chicago Brides Magazine.  It was a spectacular event!   I loved that her little feathered bride and groom cake topper made it into the article.

Great close up
The happy couple cutting the cake!
Chicago Brides Magazine article Spring/Summer 2009



I was encouraged to make these birds again and again actually.  I'm not sure why I've waited so long,  but here we go!

3 comments:

  1. I have some better close-ups of those if you'd like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! Yes, I would love to have them Nat. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. These are so clever! And unique!

    ReplyDelete

I won't know what you think if you don't leave me a comment...

Heartfelt Haiku - "Serenity"

I'm longing for blue Waves and tides and beach campfires The October cape.