Friday, January 29, 2021

White Stuff is Falling from the Sky!

I was sitting at work looking out the window the other day.  It was snowing with gusto.  It's a rare commodity where I live and work.  At one point, I found myself with my hand propping up my chin, staring wistfully at the snow.  I'm 58 years old and I've never hated seeing the white stuff fall from the sky - and pile up on the ground.  It turns me into an 8 year old.  

I have lived in the midsouth for many years.  Snow that sticks to the ground opens a whole new Pandora's box here. Most people here don't really drive all that well in the white stuff...and the hills and hollows can make a slippery road, one hundred times more dangerous.  Most people just don't have much experience with it. However, the weather is routinely (mostly) predictable here regarding snow.  It rarely gets that bad.  The roads had been brined and all will be well.  

But still, I'm looking out the window watching the giant flakes dance and fall soothingly from the sky - only to melt as soon as they touch the ground.  In the distance, I hear a train whistle - another sound I love.  It was definitely a zen moment.  Somewhere inside me, I'm wishing for hot chocolate, a fire in the hearth, a cat beside me and my knitting in my lap.  I'm either a little kid or an old woman (inside), waiting to play. 

I hope you get a snow day soon, to simply enjoy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I won't know what you think if you don't leave me a comment...

Heartfelt Haiku - "Serenity"

I'm longing for blue Waves and tides and beach campfires The October cape.